Friday, June 7, 2013

Zion day 1 - Riverwalk

My fourth (I think) trip to Zion National Park did not disappoint. It was cold, so cold we got lightly snowed on on the first day and there was a lot of ice and frost on the ground and frozen pools etc. But the late autumn colours were still abounding and I got to walk The Narrows for the first time. We met up with a bunch of people from our community from here in Long Beach so that added to the fun, sharing meals in our motel rooms and a nice campfire with smores.

On the first day there my parents and I arrived after a fairly short drive up from Mesquite, NV which included snow flurries as we were driving the last section towards Springdale (the town just outside the park).

The Three Patriarchs/Court of the Patriarchs

Frosty


Light snow on the canyon tops

Riverside Walk trail





Red

Orange

Yellow
A bit of green

A bit of everything




Snow on the ground

Snow falling (you can sort of see it)

Snow on my mum and dad

Mule deer hanging out






No comments:

Post a Comment