Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Prom (Part I)

During my visit to Australia earlier this year, my parents and I managed to get a day at Wilson's Promontory National Park, aka The Prom. This is the best place on earth* and was hit hard by flooding in 2011. It was very interesting to revisit familiar place that often looked very different to how I've known them for about 30 years or so. I was glad to have a nice camera on hand to grab some really nice shots in cool, overcast conditions.


*A statement of fact, not opinion.

 The Prom viewed from the north, shrouded in clouds

 Darby River bridge (which collapsed in the flood and has been repaired)


 Darby River has eaten away at its banks significantly




The river now flows fully out to the sea where it used to be dammed up by a sandbank and flow under the sand




View of Whiskey Bay (which was still closed to the public) looking toward Tongue Point

 
 Picnic bay with Norman Island in view



No comments:

Post a Comment