Monday, August 24, 2015

Sequoia National Park (pt 1)

OK so there's been a two year gap in posting pictures, I'll start at the most recent and try to fill in some gaps: An awesome little trip to Sequoia National Park.... I'll be back.

And may I begin with.... BEAR!!! My first wild bear sighting, and this little buddy was munching berries on the side of the road. No cuddles :(


Smile for the annoying tourist...

And then onto the trees.... amazing Giant Sequoias (Sequoiadendron giganteum) - a unique genus and one of only three trees in the species known as Redwood (...and yes I'm pretty good at Wikipedia).
 

Twinsies

Me and a tree... they is biiig



Fallen giants



 Crazy roots


Tree hugging with new friends



1 comment:

  1. Nice shots. Our bandicoots would beat up your bear, though :-)

    ReplyDelete